We have been perfecting the art of sealed-in freshness through our unique fresh-to-frozen process. This means you can store your gâteaux frozen for long periods and defrost, at your convenience, to its original and exceptional hand-made state.
The retained flavour and quality never cease to amaze.
To many, the very idea of an exceptional quality frozen gâteau with a 12 month shelf life is astonishing! We have spent over two decades perfecting the art of sealed-in freshness through our unique fresh-to-frozen process. This means you can store your gâteau frozen for long periods and defrost at your convenience to its original and exceptional hand-made state. The retained flavour and quality never ceases to amaze. Follow our guidelines and you will be guaranteed an indulgent experience with every mouthful!
Storage & Shelf Life
If you purchased your gâteau in a frozen state and are able to place it in your freezer before it defrosts, you can store it frozen for up to 12 months (if you can resist it for this long). Once defrosted, the product cannot be refrozen but can be kept in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Whole Gourmet Gâteaux
- Defrost in refrigerator overnight in original packaging
- Remove from packaging and defrost at room temperature (see product-specific label) OR
- Cut slices as and when required from a whole frozen gâteau and defrost uncovered at room temperature for approximately 20 minutes. Immediately return the remainder of the gâteau to the freezer in original packaging
- Whether frozen or not, always cut gâteau with a long, sharp knife, dipping in hot water between each stroke
- After defrosting, cover and return left-over defrosted gâteau to refrigerator
- Consume defrosted gâteau within three days
- ONCE DEFROSTED, DO NOT REFREEZE
Individual Frozen Desserts
- Remove from packaging and place on serving plate or platter whilst frozen, retaining clear plastic collar around dessert to protect while handling (where applicable)
- Defrost in refrigerator overnight or at room temperature for approximately 20 minutes
- Remove plastic collar just prior to serving (where applicable)
- Return left-over defrosted desserts to refrigerator and cover
- Consume within three days
Frozen Hot Puddings
- If product is still in paper or foil cup, remove whilst frozen by nicking edge of cup and tearing down and around pudding
- Heat in microwave for approximately 30 – 40 seconds (depending on power of microwave) until soft and sauce has melted onto plate
- NB Heat Volcano products until soft centre just oozes through surface
- Do not over-heat