Château Gâteaux has been supplying discerning professionals in the Foodservice industry throughout Southern Africa for over two decades.
Our unique collection offers you the convenience of having exceptional quality 24cm gourmet gâteaux, individual desserts, mini-buffet portions and hot puddings in your freezer, ready-to-serve with no fuss. Our range alleviates the need for daily deliveries, eliminates stock shortages and dramatically reduces wastage. The delicacies are all handmade in our ISO22000 certified pastry kitchen in Durban, South Africa. Staff training, rigid quality control, microbiological analysis, raw material traceability from farm to fork and food-safe stock management systems are all routine manufacturing procedures.
Using our adaptation of classic European recipes, we make our own fillings, toppings, glazes, bavarois, caramels, meringues, japonaise and other ingredients from scratch. Only the finest chocolate, fresh cream, real fruit, nuts and many other quality ingredients are used to enhance our unique range. Made fresh and immediately blast-frozen during the production process, every creation has a year’s frozen shelf-life with sealed-in freshness. The range lends itself to being individually styled, plated and presented. Protection by packaging that has been carefully designed using the most up-to-date technology available means our masterpieces reach you in the best possible condition, ready to defrost and serve.
In the interest of the environment we no longer use polystyrene. Our new packaging is now designed to deliver the equivalent insulation properties of polystyrene. We now use 100% recyclable and biodegradable materials. Our collection is stocked by a select group of specifically appointed distributors throughout Southern Africa, who are ready to deliver within a few days from order. We also use our unique technology and expertise in new product development, to create customised desserts for restaurant chains and other higher volume customers requiring recipes developed to their specific requirements.
To many, the very idea of an exceptional quality frozen gâteau with a 12 month shelf life is astonishing! We have spent over two decades perfecting the art of sealed-in freshness through our unique fresh-to-frozen process. This means you can store your gâteau frozen for long periods and defrost at your convenience to its original and exceptional hand-made state. The retained flavour and quality never ceases to amaze. Follow our guidelines and you will be guaranteed an indulgent experience with every mouthful!
Storage & Shelf Life
If you purchased your gâteau in a frozen state and are able to place it in your freezer before it defrosts, you can store it frozen for up to 12 months (if you can resist it for this long). Once defrosted, the product cannot be refrozen but can be kept in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Whole Gourmet Gâteaux
- Defrost in refrigerator overnight in original packaging OR
- Remove from packaging and defrost at room temperature (see product-specific label) OR
- Cut slices as and when required from a whole frozen gâteau and defrost uncovered at room temperature for approximately 20 minutes. Immediately return the remainder of the gâteau to the freezer in original packaging
- Whether frozen or not, always cut gâteau with a long, sharp knife, dipping in hot water between each stroke
- After defrosting, cover and return left-over defrosted gâteau to refrigerator
- Consume defrosted gâteau within 3 days
- ONCE DEFROSTED, DO NOT REFREEZE
Individual Frozen Desserts
- Remove from packaging and place on serving plate or platter whilst frozen, retaining clear plastic collar around dessert to protect while handling (where applicable)
- Defrost in refrigerator overnight or at room temperature for approximately 20 minutes
- Remove plastic collar just prior to serving (where applicable)
- Return left-over defrosted desserts to refrigerator and cover
- Consume within 3 days
Frozen Hot Puddings
- If product is still in paper or foil cup, remove whilst frozen by nicking edge of cup and tearing down and around pudding
- Heat in microwave for approximately 30 – 40 seconds (depending on power of microwave) until soft and sauce has melted onto plate
- NB Heat Volcano products until soft centre just oozes through surface
- Do not over-heat